Thursday, July 26, 2012

Time travel


I have not only travelled from London to my hometown of Helsinki - but also all the way back to the 1950s!

Last weekend some of us members of the Fintage association got to take part in something pretty special. We dressed up in 50s vintage and headed out to Malmi Airport, where Jirina Alanko photographed us with a 1942 era DC-3 for our upcoming calendar. The DC-3 is an airliner, the speed and range of which revolutionised air transport in the 30s and 40s. More information is available through the DC Association, who kindly hosted our visit.

Here are some results of the photoshoot. It was a day to remember for us all, that is certain. And the photos, well, they're quite something else!

Be sure to browse the full set of photographs over at the Fintage Facebook.






10 comments:

  1. I LOVE this!! It looks like a wonderful day and group of people, if the photos are anything to tell by! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ivonne - Thank you, gorgeous lady!

    Emily & Gracie - It was a lovely day - and with a truly wonderful group of people! It's not every day that you get to step inside a 40s plane with your friends. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the comment, Jill. It really was cool - and the photos are quite something!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These photos are great! You look gorgeous. Going to take a look through the rest :)
    -Andi x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Many thanks, Andi! I hope you love them as much as I do.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This has to be one of the most fantastic vintage themed events I've ever seen. You're so lucky to have been able to take part in this trip through the past, dear gal!


    Many heartfelt thanks for your lovely birthday wishes,
    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  7. I recently stumbled across your blog and I LOVE it! I love the layout to the content and everything in between! Your style is just impeccable and your blog is simply the epitome of perfection! I am your newest, most avid follower, I look forward to reading your future posts. I would love it if you could perhaps follow me back too? Have a lovely day!

    Love from, MISSIFFA

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jessica Cangiano - Thank you, my lovely! I'm a lucky gal, indeed, for being able to take part in an event like this.

    Miss Iffa - Why, thanks for the darling comment! I'm so pleased to hear that you like my blog, it means a lot to me. I'll be sure to have a look at your blog. Wishing you a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis